Wednesday, March 9, 2005

In the beginning...Day 3

Hello to all!!!

This is really the beginning of my travel blog. I thought about starting a whole new blog just for my travels, but I realized that I can barely keep up with one blog, let alone two. It is like a man that thinks polygamy is a good thing. What is that guy thinking? I am not even married and I feel overwhelmed by women at times. A wife will be even more overwhelming, I mean wonderful, and two... I don't even want to think about.

So one blog it is, and this is it. I had great intentions of making this a daily thing. It would allow information to be passed, others to enjoy, and me to practice diligence and perseverance during the "up-in-the-air life" which I am currently leading. But for the astute observer, you will see I already missed Day 2. I thought about going back and making up a Day 2, but that would be worse than not, so not is yeah.

I am currently staying my last full day with Jared here in beautiful "Big Sky County." Those that haven't been here, they are not kidding about the big sky thing. Yesterday I slept in a bit. Jared was off early, before I arose, so I rolled out of my sleeping bag around 9:30. Hey, that is 8:30 Washington time. I spent a good bit of the morning working on the Internet, buying plane tickets, getting the oil changed in my car, and mailing some stuff at the post office. Jared came home and we went to his school to print some stuff off. Then we walked down to their SUB and I was blessed to see my brother, Montana State University Northern Homecoming King 2004-2005, adorned for the next ten years on the walls of that hallowed building. I was so proud a tear welled up in my eye, but dried and died before it fell (Water doesn't last here, there is no humidity). We then enjoyed drive-thru dinner and headed back to his pad from some old school StarCraft. (A note worthy endeavor, my first blog link)



The games lasted into the morning. Jared paid for the games with a follow-on call to his girl friend who was not at all pleased that he ignored her the whole evening. (He will probably pay for this note too if the girlfriend ever sees it) This morning, he was again gone before I awoke. I got up early because my great-uncle Richard called to coordinate my next stop over. 8:15 was when I rolled out of bed. I ate a little cereal and then sat down for some time in the Book, but found it next to impossible to keep my eyes open, so for about two hours, I napped and prayed, but not at the same time. I know rough life.

Jared has returned from class so I will cut this short. A few administrative notes. I said earlier that I purchased my plane tickets. I fly out of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta, aka The William B. Harstfield, International Airport on the 28th of March, stopping in Dallas-Fort Worth and then on to Frankfurt, Germany. My return flight is scheduled for the 24th of May, no promises. I also signed up for my Hostels International membership, on the cheap baby!!

So the trip has begun. I already miss most of you and since I am in a Tolkien mood I leave you with this quote, don't take it personally.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring, British scholar & fantasy novelist (1892 - 1973)

Until then and tomorrow.

Jason

1 comment:

  1. what in the world are you going to do in Germany/Europe for two months?

    and is your stop in DFW going to be a layover or a trip to my house?

    ReplyDelete