Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Day 9: Survey of extra time

I have a few extra minutes on my way to the rents and an idea hit me so I decided to pull over and hammer out this post. I have a request of all my many, many supporters and fellow blog walkers. I need both of you to comment on the following:

While driving through South Carolina, I noticed something about the billboards on the sides of the highway. I noticed that there are ones for the various strip clubs, topless bars, and adult’s stores of the area. Some of you are saying, “So!” The thing is, I haven’t noticed them before now, at least not on this journey. I am wondering if I didn’t notice them because I just didn’t notice them, or I didn’t notice them because they are in fact not there. I am thinking back to Washington and driving up and down the 5 and for the life of me I can’t think of any. There is one billboard for Hooters right as you come down the hill into Fife, but besides that, and I don’t even consider that one in comparison to those here, I can’t think of any.

So my request is for all of you to post comments about the number and frequency of adult billboards in your area. When I have compiled a good amount of data on the subject, I will write more. I have developed a hypothesis from my own travels, but before I give it I want some untainted data. Get back with me as soon as possible.

Until then and tomorrow.

Jason

1 comment:

  1. We have lots of those raunchy billboards in TX, esp the closer you get to Dallas.

    ReplyDelete