Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Pint 1: First and maybe last!

An Inspiron 2650 laptop, made by Dell, weights 7.6 pounds. The largest percentage of that weight is found in the battery. Unfortunately, the battery is a necessary part of a laptop. It is really the part that makes it functional as a “lap” top computer. The 7.6 pounds of my Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop also make up the largest percentage of my packed weight. This means that the battery in the laptop is the heaviest of the heaviest things that I am packing around. Logic would say that the heaviest thing a person is lugging around would be the most essential and most used item. Logic would say. Since I consider myself a pretty logical person, it can be assumed that my computer is the most important or at least most used thing I brought. Does anyone know what happens when you assume?

My 7.6 pounds of plastic and electronics have up till now, three days that is, been nothing more than dead weight. It has been useful only in increasing my cardiovascular fitness and the size of my legs as I carried it from hostel to hostel. I have decided to change that today. Before I left Germany, I was debating with Jordan about whether I should bring the computer or not. When I decided to stay in Europe for the extra two months, it pretty much answered the question of taking or leaving it. A goal in bringing my computer along was to do just this. So I will.

There are a few things that I need to point out. One, I am not perfect. I make mistakes. I will tell you about a few of those mistakes in a minute, but first I have some good stories. The mistakes actually make the stories.

Each of these

No comments:

Post a Comment