Friday, May 6, 2005

day 58: what did she say?

so there is this girl cat. she is one of the students that i met while in slovakia on the service project. if you are reading the comments of my posts then you have seen her additions. (You guys have to know that I am trying really hard NOT to capitalize any of the words because I am totally down with all the new typing methods of the yoots of today. It is really hard!) so the previous post was to get her info, but then i figured out that i could just click on her name and, volia, i was at her blog.

then i started reading her blog. (sorry cat if this embarrasses you) what in the world is she saying? it is like a foreign language. due to copy right infringenments i can't include some of her writings. oh, what the heck, i was never one to follow rules. cat, please don't kill me.

here is a sample:

Interests: heh- depends, whatever comes my way may or may not interest me. Can't really name wut does or doesn't. Like everyone else I'm lovin' the music n' movies. The internet is ruling my life... @_@ -heh i'm really working on that too...-and erm... i'm religious? ya that'll be my interest.^^ "Just u n' me Lord- u n' me!" O ya, I'm on the swim team here n' horseback ride- auf Deutsch xD ... as u can see this is the greatness of me- well, tis my friends who are the real secret to it, gotta love em'.
Expertise: Expertise... wut expertise??? sleepin' in? strangly being similar to my 2 cats...??cramming for tests drivin by the feeling of desperation??? heh ya that works ^^
Occupation: Student

so i read this, read it again, and on the third time, with the help of barb, figured out sort of what she was saying. (couple things cat. 1. how do you turn off the song on your blog. 2. just becuase i, an old completely out of touch curmudgeon, doesn't immediately understand you, you shouldn't be offended. i would actually take it as a compliment.) those kids these days. what are they getting into.

barb is actually reading this over my shoulder as i type, which i have to say wierds me out and makes me a little self conscience. she had just before this post typed a quick email to a friend of hers about me staying with him in london next week. i was chastising her about not using the shift key and she said something about it being an email and how she couldn't be bothered with wasting the milli-seconds it takes to move either of her pinkies over to the convienently enlarged shift key to use what most of the mature adult world would consider proper communication. that is why i am trying my hardest not to use the shift key and you all can't tell, but i have had to go back a number of times to make the "correction".

so i had another point to this blog. months ago when i first started my blog, i read a post of a good friend of mine, adam avitable, about the whole vernacular that has been created by the youth of today. he posted the following link and text about... well just read it yourself. why would you want me to describe the link when you can just read it yourself. it is sort of like reading a critics comments about a movie when you can just go watch the movie yourself. or even better, reading someone else take on the bible and who they think God is (I am sorry, I just couldn't not capitalize God. He is well... the supreme being and could smite me so i try to not piss Him off as much as i can. frankly i don't always feel like i am doing a good job of not pissing Him off, even now as i type.) instead of just talking to Him themselves and getting His take on Himself. Follow me?

here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/children/kidtalk.mspx


the thing that i find the funniest is that it is microsoft that published this info. it is so like some big corporate company trying to write about something they have no clue about. like me writing about slovakia's history.

anyway, i hope you guys are as frustrated with reading this blog without caps as i was in typing it. now i got to go because it is rather rude that i am sitting here on the computer while jordan and my guest is still reading over my shoulder. actually, ignoring her like this makes me feel more like today's society, no real relationships, just a computer and a broadband connect. so to all my "friends" out there... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

until then and tomorrow.

jason

ps - in the spirit of the blog, i am also not spell checking or rereading this one, but my old school self can't not tell you that because i am too self conscience about misspelling something or using poor grammer. (that and i have been berated once before about a typo, erika!)

2 comments:

  1. Please, for the love of all that is holy and delicious, start using Shift!

    Anyone who knows you should be well aware that spelling errors are mandatory. I won't even mention "weird", "grammer", or any of the other words that may have been misspelled in this entry.

    I feel your pain about the lazy teen speak. Here is a brief example from my 16-year old sister-in-law - and this is completely real: Hey...lol...ya know i just finished typing this super long e-mail to like 5 minutes ago but i typed ur address in wrong so when i sent it it got deleted and now im sooo tired that i dont wanna type it all out agian..lol...but it didnt say that much just a bunch of stuff that doesnt matter...sooo wuts up with u???...its CRAZY how we cant get ahold of each other, i mean really really super CRAZY!!!!!...i think that stickin to the e-mail comp stuff is a pretty good idea..lol...my AIM screename is xxxx...even though i know that u probably already knew that i just though i'd tell u...well i have to get up and go to work 2morrow soo i guess i'll ttyl, luv u LOTS!!!!!.. tOOdles!!!

    Upon reading this, my head burst into flame spontaneously and I began speaking in tongues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm aware that I spelled "weird" correctly but spelled "grammer" incorrectly. I actually meant to spell both words the way that you did, but my brain just wouldn't let me.

    ReplyDelete