Monday, May 9, 2005

Day 61: Going Away

To all my peoples:

Chow!


...


...


Was anyone getting nervous? No seriously, anyone? No one? Not one of you was worried that I was leaving? Well, I am. For at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take away our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM! Uh, sorry, I get a little carried away. I think it is because I am off to Scotland and Ireland. Well, actually Ireland then Scotland. I fly out today for London, spend a day there and then head out to the West coast of Ireland, Doolin to be exact. This is pretty exciting because these next two weeks are going to be very isolating for me. I plan on being alone most of the time and I look forward to being alone.

What this means is that it may be a while till my next post, it may be a few days, it may be two weeks, it may be longer, I just don't know. If any of you are worried, and it seems no one is, but if any of you become worried, don't be. I will save up my travels and post copious amounts of stuff when I do get a chance. (Copious, isn't that a great word? It is a big little word, not many letters, but vast in meaning. A good word.) Consider this time as one that you use as reflection on your own life. Consider what Jesus is doing for you and how He so desires for you to grow in the grace and knowledge of Him.

That is all I wanted to say. During this alone time I will try to post, no promises, but I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

Until then and tomorrow.

Jason

3 comments:

  1. You should definitely post while in Ireland, but instead of counting the days, you should count the number of pints you've had while there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ok- won't be worried then...
    i'm sure you'll be able to handle the UK well enough =3 good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw a surfing documentary where some guys surfed off the Ireland coast. Go rent a thick wetsuit and try it for me!

    ReplyDelete