Friday, May 20, 2005

Day 72: Administration

There are a few administrative things that I have to cover before I can continue.

1. The key boards over here in Europe are a little different than the standard US ones. The biggest thing that I have noticed is that the Enter key is smaller. It doesn't do the normal backwards L shape so when I reach with my right pink to hit return, all I get is this: # No enter, just the number sign. Also, the @ symbol is not above the 2 it is next to the # which is in the place of the "enter". The " are also where the @ should be. (I just had to get that out. It didn't have anything to do with the admin stuff)

2. For those that care, I can't post any pictures just yet because I haven't been at a computer that I could up-load files too. Back in Germany, there was one, but I was too lazy, sorry. I promise when I get back to Germany, I will be diligent about doing that. Also, Adam, I don't know what is up with my computer, I am trying to use Dreamweaver to upload new stuff to my website, but it wouldn't connect, something about a FTP failure. I will try to figure it out when I get back to Germany in a few days. I may have to just download an FTP program and upload my pages by hand. What do you recommend again?

3. I am at a computer which only has 30 minutes remaining. I am about 50 emails behind, so be patient and I will catch up. (Yes, I know that is not the right patient, but give me a break)#

4. I have a long post about yesterday, but again, I can't get it to the Internet so it will just have to wait. A preview is that I played golf at St. Andrews yesterday. It was glorious. For those that don't know golf it will not mean anything, but for those that do, Dad, it was great. We will be going there eventually.

5. That is about it. Now I am going to try and get to a couple emails.

Until then and tomorrow.##

Jason

PS 22 mintutes remaining

1 comment:

  1. For FTP, use: Filezilla.

    Why do you have to use these timed computers? Since you're dragging your laptop with you and you have a wireless card, just find a wifi access point where you can get internet!

    Here's a link to help: http://www.wififreespot.com/europe.html.

    ReplyDelete