Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Day 30: Catching up

OK, so my grand plan of updating my website while on the road has hit a small bump in the road. There just aren't that many places to hook up your personal computer for Internet access, at least I haven't found any yet. So anyone that keeps checking my where-abouts, no I am obviously not in Douglasville. I will let you all know if I do in fact update the site.

So many exciting things to talk about, where do I start. The first thing that comes to mind is the driving. There is something to be said about driving 195 km/hr, or 120mph for non-metric types, and do it completely legally. I can't say that I had never driven that fast before. There was a time that I borrowed Adam's dad's car for a dance and opened it up on I-95, but that was only for a brief moment. Here I was whizzing along at 120 mph and getting passed. Germany is amazing and they do it right here. It costs around $2000.00 to get your license and they will take it much quicker than in the States. This means that Germans know how to drive and drive well. I would say that I am enjoying driving over here, but if you know me, I am actually a very casual driver and driving here is work. Fun at times, but definitely work.

The second thing that is worth reporting about is Prague. I know I mentioned briefly before that it awesome, but that just doesn't relay fully the joy I experience there. First off, Jordan, Eric, and I stayed with Barb Iverson. She is on staff with Young Life International working with the youth there. She teaches English to some of the kids and is subversely building relationships and loving them as Jesus would. I say subversely in a good way because as a former Communist country, Czech youth know almost nothing of God, His Son, or His love. To reach them you have to start from a completely different place than a normal delinquent in the States. I am way impressed by what Barb is doing here and envy her in a small way.

Barb has been here a number of years, so she speaks decent Czech and knows the city almost like a local. Again, I had a $1000 experience on a $10 budget. We saw all the major sights, ate at the finest restaurant in Prague and danced the night away, literally. I have some great pictures of the city, the disco tech, and the Charles Bridge. (Remember the opening scene of Mission Impossible, the good one before Tom Cruise could defy the laws of physics? They were in Prague trying to pull off a sting to find a mole in the Agency. There was the scene that killed the cute chick when the car exploded, or you thought she was waxed, but it turned out she was in on the whole thing. The part when the dude who turns out to be the bad guy falls off the bridge just as Ethan Hunt is running up the stairs. And then the fence scene when the other cute chick is actually killed by the weird French guy that always plays some sort of mercenary, like in the Professional with a young but still hot Natalie Portman. Well, I was at all those places, I too ran up the stairs that Tom Cruise did, but unlike him, I saved the world right then and didn't have wait for the whole 2 hours just so people would pay lots of money for the entertainment.) I will post those pictures eventually. Whenever I get my computer on the Internet.

There is so much more to tell, but once again I am out of time. I have been using this computer a bit too long and am now starting to feel guilty. I will try to not do anything for the next few days so that I can catch up.

Until then and tomorrow.

Jason

4 comments:

  1. "you though she was waxed"?
    lol, glad you are loving it over there
    (so excited you cant type, that says something!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the comments are going crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you want to define a "young Natalie Portman" as hot? Wasn't she like, 13 in that movie?

    Europe must be pretty fun...

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your movie description made me laugh...honestly, it looks a bit like the material I get from my middle schoolers! :)

    ...dude, hot, chick...

    So, know that you are in good company!

    P.S. Tell all the YL people over there that Todd Beamer High School YL says, "Hello!"

    ReplyDelete