Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Day 142:Hotter than a tanning Greek beauty!

So I have tons of other stuff to do and in my opinion they are much more important than what I am doing right now, but I am doing this none the less.

Couple quick things then I must get back to the important things. Texas is my current residence. I am at my sisters in Denton. Sunday morning after watching Lance wrap up number 7, I left for Clarksville, TN and Fort Campbell, KY. My good friends Jon and Ivy Thoennes (pronounced tennis) live there where he is with the 101st ABN DIV. I stayed the night with them and then departed after breakfast for my sister's. The drive was brutal. Going through Arkansas, the temperature was 96 degrees with a heat index of 110 OMG (that is Gosh thank you very much). Thinking back to my days in the desert allowed me to charge through and get it done, that was until...

At mile marker 84 on I-30 westbound, my back left tire decided not to hold air anymore. The decision was actually made by the large nail that found its way into the rubber. Not to worry, right, I am an able man and can change a tire. You'd like to think so. As able as I am, it is next to impossible to change a tire without a jack or lug nut taker offer (official scientific name, don't ask questions). Discovering that small problem, I did the next best thing, called for help. USAA, for $4.00 a month has a towing and labor service available with its insurance. I have been a holder of that policy forever. I use it often too. Leaving the lights on and draining the battery(many times), locking my keys in my car (many, many times) , running out of gas (only once), and now flatting a tire (first time for everything), I have done it all and they have helped me each time. Long story short, I spent $52.38 for a new tire, delayed my arrival by 1:23 hours, and lost a few pounds in the heat.

Now back to what I meant to type about. It seems that a few people have opinions about WOTW and pics and they are choosing my blog to voice those. I don't want to discourage comments, I guess that is really what a comment is anyway, but I would recommend, GET YOUR OWN BLOG!!!

WOTW did suck. Only slightly redeeming was the final scene where TC sort of looked like he was going to mature from his dead beat dad role and grow some, but even that idea was only half developed and left open because he didn't really admit fault or change. Adam, I was wondering if reading the book would have helped; I am guessing yes. It is a classic and the movie actually made me want to read it as I said, purely curiosity though.

About the pics. Patients is a virtue. I have one questions. Would all of you rather me post pictures on my website or complete my Young Life application? Both things are pressing and the application, in my opinion, is more important. I will get to the pics, but let me at least get home, or back to Seattle and create a home to go home to.

You and I have wasted another 10 minutes of our lives, I hope you all are happy with yourselves.

Until then and tomorrow.

Jason

PS The goatie is being shaved today. Let us all have a moment of silence for its departure :(...

5 comments:

  1. yes, ok, get your application
    finished. good boy.
    glad you made it without
    melting all the way to texas!
    sounds like fun with your
    tire. many adventures. woohoo!
    you're gonna be clean-shaven
    now?!!....shocker.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you don't shave your head as well. You looked like a psychotic egg at my wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it can always grow out!!!! Jason let your hair grow out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, there is so much to say…sorry for the delay in correspondence, WOTW was a great film, and facial hair is totally over-rated! Of course, there is more to tell you, and hopefully I’ll get a chance to actually write you back during my time away from LBC this week. We’ll see though. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete