Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Day 136: Goodbye!!!

(Administrative note: After reviewing the dates of my travel and double checking the timeline, I realized and have corrected the day that I am on. A mistake was made and if you look at the day of my last post and the date of that post, it won't line up with this one, but know that this one is right.)

It is my last day in Europe, this time. I have come to say goodbye and what better way than in the immortal words of Bilbo Baggins.

"I hope you are all enjoying yourselves as much as I am...

"I shall not keep you long. I have called you all together for a Purpose. Indeed, for Three Purposes! First of all, to tell you that I am immensely fond of you all...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve...

"Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. I regret to announce that - this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!"

He stepped down and vanished. -- J.R.R. Tolkien, Fellowship of the Ring

A fitting tribute and words spoken better than I could have. There is so much to say, so many people, too many people, to thank and praise for their love and fellowship. All of you know who you are. You have meant so much to me over these last four months. As I have said time and time again, I will miss you all, and will see you all again. I pray that my return will not be long in coming, that God will bring us together again so that we can have joy in the reunion. It has been a journey.

There is one other thing that has been swirling through my mind for days now. It is a song and frankly, it has nothing to do with anything I just mentioned, but it is a great song and contains one of my favorite line of any song. Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls off of their Dizzy up the Girl album. I know some of you are having a heart attack right now because the Goo Goo Dolls are not the best representation of musical genius or would qualify in the world as ones who's songs are all moral like or upstanding, but get over yourselves. Here is my favorite line.
"And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
And you bleed just to know you're alive
"
As I mentioned, there was no point to that, but since it has been on my mind these last few days, I wanted to share it. Feel free to sing it if you get a chance.

Well, that is all. I have already said good bye so now I will leave with great words.

"Expect me when you see me!"

Until then and tomorrow.

Jason

6 comments:

  1. C'mon back to Florida for a bit. You can hang out by the pool and we'll play Axis & Allies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM GONNA MIS YOU!!!!! *tear*

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for coming by today
    that meant alot to me,i hadn't
    had a chance to say goodbye.
    so here's everything i
    meant to say... i hope
    you have a safe journey and
    things go well on the other
    side. it's been awesome getting
    to know you- ya better keep in
    touch-thanks for hanging out
    with me and megz and putting
    up with us crazy girls!
    and thank you for sacrificing
    your time and effort for these
    kids. it has been so great
    watching you interact with them
    and they with you. God has used
    you well. thanks for being
    willing.
    send me some pictures or post
    them or something...where's
    all the pics you've been taking
    for the last several months?!!
    take care of yourself. be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't forget to keep
    smiling!
    ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah yes and one more comment,
    that same song has been
    stuck in my head---over and
    over--but at least it is a
    good song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes. The song that has been haunting me. It's in my car, at club, now it's here. Oh well. Yes Biblo's words always fit best. Hope your trip back was good. And Jen is right, post some pics for crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete