Thursday, July 21, 2005

Day 137: Home Sweet Home!!

I am back in the greatest country in the world. I can say that now with more credibility because I have seen a few more countries now than I had four months ago. Still haven't seen them all, so some assumptions are still being made.

For my first meal back in the States, I ate the one food that doesn't exist outside of the Western Hemisphere. You all know what food that was. Mexican food!!! La Fiesta! Que Bueno! Little do you know the irony in that. I failed to mention before now that my last full meal in Europe was Mexican also, but German Mexican which is more like crap than food. I won't go into the details, but it pretty much sucked. Which is why the meal this evening of one Enchilada, refried beans and Mexican rice was glorious. Eat your hearts out Megan, Jen, Marlo, and Matt.

Do you people know that it takes 34 hours to travel from Heidelberg, Germany to Atlanta, Georgia? Well it does. At least that is the length of time it took me. Three hours on a bus, five hours at Hahn, two hours in the air, 12 hours at Dublin, six hours 30 minutes in the air, two hours 30 minutes at JFK, three hours in the air. I would not recommend that traveling agenda to my enemies.

But all is good. I am back and it is good to be home. I have already used the toilets twice since arriving, enjoying the plush, soft, Charmin extra. I am also rubbing my much swollen mid-section and realize that I have brought back from Europe something that I didn't take. I must sleep now so stay tooned for more.

Until then and tomorrow.

Jason

7 comments:

  1. Oh *snap*! Time to pick up a newspaper, and go to the "help wanted" section! hehe. Or perhaps the "singles looking"...?

    -dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it safe. Give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome home.
    glad to see you made it
    home safe---what a trip!
    praying for you. let us
    people over here know your
    new plans if you want so
    we can keep you in specific
    prayer!
    take care. be good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome home.
    glad to see you made it
    home safe---what a trip!
    praying for you. let us
    people over here know your
    new plans if you want so
    we can keep you in specific
    prayer!
    take care. be good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh dang, why does it always do it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't spell lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Jen just likes commenting on your site. Just kidding. Anyways. I'm glad you got back safe and that you got real Mexican food. See lucky for me is that I'm married into a family of Mexicans so I can get it any time I want when I go back to Sierra Vista. Wow, you also took the long way around when it comes to heading back to the states. Never taking me that long, but you know, you're Jason, you do everything different...ha ha...that sounds like a slam, but it's not. Okay well, hasta hermano.

    ReplyDelete