Friday, September 30, 2005

Post of Joy

Here is a little post of joy. A rarity I know because when something is inspiring I usually go deep. This morning I am making pancakes. Which I have to go flip...

I'm back. These pancakes are being cooked on my own stove, in my own pans, in my own house. Yesterday I made some banana bread in my own oven, using my own Kitchen Aid, and my own ingredients. One sec...

OK! So I am baking again, cooking my own food. Last night was spaghetti with a red sauce (out of a jar, sadly) and grilled chicken. But the point is, I have a kitchen. A lot of you may not know that I love to cook and over the last, what 3 years, I have not have the opportunity to do so with out the head ache of using someone else's stuff. Got to go...

That was close. Don't get me wrong, I love cooking enough to do it anywhere. One of the best Mexican meals was in Germany at the Swope's. But it is really home when I have the run of my own kitchen. I can sleep anywhere; I don't need privacy; my stuff is unnecessary. But my kitchen. I need my kitchen. Last time...

Wonderful! The pancakes were really good.

This morning put a smile on my face. Standing in my own kitchen, cooking, knowing where everything was and belongs, it is a great feeling. Everyone needs to know that I am doing great. God is very good.

It is tomorrow.

Jason

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love pancakes! I am glad that you are enjoying your own place. That is an amazing feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa, glad you had a good morning!
    cooking and typing at the same time...
    you're hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could share it with you, the whole 10 days was great, a lifetime memory maker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...who knew a guy could be so obessed with cooking? lol.

    We miss you over here Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its amazing how much joy can be had in the simple act of cooking...I love making food and I just don't do it enough...and pancakes sound darn good right now. Glad you got a place of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, are you just the little "Suzie Home-Maker"

    Hi Jason,

    Kenton here in Las Cruces, New Mexico...

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete