Thursday, June 2, 2005

Day 85: Messed up computer

Things can be very frustrating when the computer doesn't quite work right. Like now, I am having lots of computer issues. First, my computer doesn't want to get on the Internet anywhere. The Swope's have DSL, but my computer doesn't like their DSL so it won't access it. Down the street is another friend with DSL, I could use theirs, but I didn't bring my wireless card here and I refuse to buy another one of those. Then there is the Swope's computer itself. I am not complaining, but their computer has some sort of pop-up blocker. The blocker doesn't allow me to respond to emails because my email program opens a new browser page when I try to respond and that new page is blocked. Don't ask me why. I have turned off every security feature I know of and it still doesn't want to work. (Feel free to advise me, but I am pretty sure that I have tried everything. They have Windows ME and some version of Norton.) The result of all of this is that I haven't been able to return very many emails over the last few weeks.

Which brings me to the purpose of this blog. There are a few people that I want to know that I am trying to respond to their emails, and will as soon as I get to another computer. So the following are to a few people that I am eventually going to respond to (though I am now realizing that I don't think all of them read this so it could be futile):

Max - Haven't seen you yet. I have been around, where are you?

Margaret - nothing particular, but you emailed me a while back and I am just trying to respond.

Anne - I hope you are still reading this. It means a lot to me that you do. You still doing staff this summer?

Jon - I don't know, I just talked with you today so I guess I don't have anything to say.

Juls - I have a lot to say to you. I still owe you a more in-depth response from two emails ago. That is amazing how strong your grandma was for so many years. Tell your family I am praying for them too, even though I don't know them.

Janell - What are you doing in CA?

Rachel - you will definitely not read this because you don't even know it exists, but I am including you just because I need to respond to your email.

Mom and Dad - I love you guys

Tiff - I love you too.

Justin - I love you and when exactly is your flight coming in to Frankfurt?

Bus Eireann - Thank you for the refund.

Hannah - You are awesome, see you in a few months.

Barb - Sounds like a cool book and that was an interesting thing that you and that other girl had two of the same interests. Would you recommend the book or is it a chick book?

That is all for now.

Until then or tomorrow.

Jason

4 comments:

  1. Nothing for me? I'm so hurt. :)

    Try holding down "Shift" when you click. That is the default button to ignore any pop-up blocker. If that doesn't work, try Control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, I made the list! :) ...and yes, I'll be up at LBC this summer.

    Oh, and as a tech teacher, I have absolutely no advice for you...sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Control Worked.

    THANK YOUUUUU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, i'm pretty happy i got mentioned too. naturally because i wasn't blogging i wasn't checking yours. anyway the book is sort of chicky. i mean, if you're cool with menstrual rituals and stuff like that you'll be fine. you're pretty earthy in some regards but it might be tough going for any guy. next time you're here you can look at it and see if you want to venture into those uncharted territories.

    ReplyDelete