Friday, December 2, 2005

Oh shoot!!

It has been an interesting couple of days and unfortunately I am not really in a mood to talk about them, but since I feel like those people in my life who care would want to know, and instead of sending out a mass email, I realize that a blog does the same thing and only worries people that look at it, I am writing this. Last night while driving to a friend's house, I was hit by a young lady as we both entered an uncontrolled intersection at the same time. She ploughed into my front left fender and succeeded in making my car un-drivable. After much discussion, we decided to handle this without the authorities or insurance companies. Which wasn't difficult seeing that she didn't have an insurance company, or a driver's licenses for that matter. Long story short, she is going to buy my car for $2000.00, which is more than it was worth, but less than what it is going to cost me to replace it. So now I am in the market for another car. Oh, and I am fine if any of you were wondering.

She is supposed to stop by the house tomorrow and give me the money. We will see!

It is tomorrow.

Jason

10 comments:

  1. That's very nice of you. If it was her fault, you definitely should have had both the police and the insurance involved, however. Having a license and insurance are required for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that its best not to get insurance involved. Just get everything in writing so that when you appear on Judge Judy, there's no question.

    Thank GOd though that you dont live in New mexico. I am almost in a crash every day, and it's never my fault, is always some little fat hispanic male or female that just crossed the boarder with no insurance, running a red light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's never your fault. You have to meet certain intelligence standards before you can be deemed to be capable of making decisions and having something be "your fault". But if you are certain levels of mental retardation, you'll find that nothing can be your fault at all!

    Insurance exists for a reason. In any accident, you should always get the police involved (as long as it was the other person who caused the accident) because if someone is driving without insurance and a license, they're a danger to the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! Are your panties a little tight, Avitable. Mental retardation accusations....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow are we having fun? You two, anonymous and Avitable, should get together and discuss this as civilized humans, you know, with guns and knives and such.

    Adam, you are right, I do regret letting another apparently unworthy driver go free on the road to cause more suffering in her wake, but that is what grace is about, right?

    anonymous, I have said this before in a different blog, but it is preferable that a name be associated with a remark, it really is a sign of maturity by my book, which is short and full of misspellings.

    Adam, I don't appriciate the poor spelling comment, I am sensative in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so now that it's past tomorrow, did the girl come through! We all want to know.
    By the way, glad you are ok. Sorry about your car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will gladly reveal my identity, I am Jason’s mom. Therefore Adam, I already have a pair. I still think you need to lighten up, but I love you anyway.

    Bill and I laughed out loud when we read Kenton’s blog on pirates. Really funny, Kenton.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jason said:

    Adam, I don't appriciate the poor spelling comment, I am sensative in that area.


    You're too funny. You can't help it.

    Mrs. Haggard, I don't think you meant to stay anonymous, in which case, you don't need a pair!

    It's only for people who post anonymously on purpose and don't put their names at all. People who hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, which somehow empowers them. I have little respect for those types of people.

    Surprisingly, this is me lightened up. I just don't suffer morons like Kenton lightly, and I hate racism in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  9. J,

    Did the girl pay you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So what happened????? Did she show up??

    ReplyDelete