Wednesday, November 23, 2005

To a Hammer...

So I was listening to the radio on the way home from the thing that I do on a fairly regular basis for which I am not getting paid but most would consider work but I don't since I am really against the idea of work, and the dude on the radio made this statement:
"To a hammer, everything looks like a nail!"
He said it like it is a common cliche. I have never heard that saying before. Now, granted, I haven't heard everything there ever is, but he said it in such passing that I felt like I should have heard it a hundred times before, but the thing that caught my attention is the coolness of the statement.

Anyway, I just thought that was worth mentioning. I don't have anything else to add.

It is tomorrow.

Jason

3 comments:

  1. ooo, I heard this one at Bible study on tuesday:
    "like white on rice"
    kelley was telling a story and said it in the context of being in a crowd of people who were kinda clinging to her, and I had NEVER heard that before! kelley and jamie had thought it was common knowledge, but unfortunately I got skipped out on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good - let's bring up a saying that is considered racist. Not the hammer one, the rice one.

    What about brown rice? Yellow rice?

    Rice comes in many shapes, colors, and flavors. White is only a small part of that.

    Insensitive people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Jared his space heater that he left at UCU and which I ultimately took is going to good use here in New Mexico! :-)

    Hahahhaha

    ReplyDelete